mandafofanda

Mandafofanda Reads Lots

The world isn't just the way it is. It is how we understand it, no?

And in understanding something, we bring something to it, no?
Doesn't that make life a story?

- Yann Martel, Life of Pi

Clockwork Princess - Cassandra Clare Sooo it may be because of what I've been reading more recently, or maybe my taste in books have changed somewhat, but while this book was still pretty good, I just wasn't really interested or fully invested into reading this trilogy. Because ok, seriously, I almost mostly wanted to know who Tessa ended up with. Wait, that wasn't the whole point of this trilogy? Oh yeah, there's this "Infernal Devices" stuff going on too, because that's the name of the series. So ok, there was two things I wanted to know from this book: who Tessa ends up with, and what sort of creature/mix/breed she was. But other than that I was kinda like... read read skimmm read read skimmm. Also, I missed snarky Will from earlier books. I feel like this suffered from the [b:Opal|13362536|Opal (Lux, #3)|Jennifer L. Armentrout|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1348200300s/13362536.jpg|18591132] effect, where once the characters become more lovey dovey, it's just not as entertaining. Banter! I need banter! Furthermore, I feel that Clare has a bit of an annoying urge to pair characters together in happily ever after couplings. Not that I'm against people finding love, but EVERYONE? And they all stay together FOREVER? Agh, fantasy.