mandafofanda

Mandafofanda Reads Lots

The world isn't just the way it is. It is how we understand it, no?

And in understanding something, we bring something to it, no?
Doesn't that make life a story?

- Yann Martel, Life of Pi

The Lies of Locke Lamora - Scott Lynch Reread in preparation for [b:The Republic of Thieves|2890090|The Republic of Thieves (Gentleman Bastard, #3)|Scott Lynch|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1348233235s/2890090.jpg|2916344] (Book 3) coming out in October!

Admittedly, this is a book that can take a while to get into. I tried rereading this a couple times but never really got much into it before getting distracted by other books. The first couple chapters are entertaining, yet slightly tedious and winding. BUT once more players start to show up, bringing with them their deviousnesses, their tricksinesses, and all the complexities of multiple warring agendas, it gets good. Then it gets GOOD. Then it gets OH FUCK NO! Then it ends with HOLY CRAPEROO AWESOMEOSITY.

So Much Win.

It was really rather unfortunate that I read [b:The Thief|448873|The Thief (The Queen's Thief, #1)|Megan Whalen Turner|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1348276505s/448873.jpg|1069505] after this one, because while everyone else was falling head over heels for Gen, I kept thinking, "By god, that kid's annoying - why isn't he more like Locke?"