mandafofanda

Mandafofanda Reads Lots

The world isn't just the way it is. It is how we understand it, no?

And in understanding something, we bring something to it, no?
Doesn't that make life a story?

- Yann Martel, Life of Pi

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) - Jamie McGuire I liked this book up until the trip to Vegas and when Abby left Travis. I actually liked them together, and thought the relationship was beneficial on both sides up until then. I even thought the Pidgeon nickname was cute, but then I'm a sucker for nicknames. However, after the breakup, Travis showed his insane-crazy-beat-everyone-up-want-to-practically-kill-himself side that is NOT healthy at all, and I was praying that Abby would stay broken up with him. This was the "beautiful disaster" that I thought was implied by the title of the book - their relationship allowed them to grow up in a way, but it wasn't a healthy one that would last long term. Therefore, I was very disappointed when they did get back together, and GET MARRIED, and seem all happy-go-lucky-love-eachother-forever-nothing-will-change by the end. I did like Abby's character up until the point that she decided that she wanted to get back together with Travis (and getting a "Mrs. Maddox" tattoo?? Basically permanently branding herself - wtf?). I don't see this relationship lasting.
So the conclusion is, really liked the beginning of the book, disappointed with the way the author decided to take the story at the end.