mandafofanda

Mandafofanda Reads Lots

The world isn't just the way it is. It is how we understand it, no?

And in understanding something, we bring something to it, no?
Doesn't that make life a story?

- Yann Martel, Life of Pi

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe - Benjamin Alire Sáenz This is my happy book. Seriously. And it's actually really sad. And angry. And lonely. But whenever I need a bit of a pick-me-up, I have opened this book (sometimes starting at just any page) and have always ALWAYS read through to the end. I can read this book forever. It's the characters. It's the writing. It's Ari's voice. It's how descriptions can be sparse but I can read so much more into every look and smile. It's how I can just get what this author says in the most beautiful and poetic but simple prose. So yeah. I've read this book maybe a dozen times in the few months I've had it, but I don't think it will ever get old. I will always fall in love with the characters, feel all the feels, read into every quirk, and have a huge grin on my face at the end. And that's love.

------------
(previous review)

My second novel by [a:Benjamin Alire Sáenz|4841310|Benjamin Alire Sáenz|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1310366104p2/4841310.jpg] and it's official, I'm completely in love with his writing style. Sáenz has a way of writing youthful and emotive yet insightful narration that is completely authentic.

I actually finished this book, realized I couldn't get it out of my head, decided to reread all over again and found myself loving the characters all the more the second time around.