mandafofanda

Mandafofanda Reads Lots

The world isn't just the way it is. It is how we understand it, no?

And in understanding something, we bring something to it, no?
Doesn't that make life a story?

- Yann Martel, Life of Pi

The Demon's Lexicon - Sarah Rees Brennan While not AMAZING, this book is still pretty damn good. The main character Nick starts off as cold and unlikable, but eventually he grew on me in all his angry and sullen yet snarky glory. One of this book's high points is the brother-love between Nick and Alan (somewhat like the brother-love between Sam and Dean on Supernatural), and the addition of characters Mae and Jamie make for interesting and entertaining odd-couple dynamics between the four. While the big twist at the end that Nick is a demon was hugely unexpected by me, though others paying closer attention may figure it out, it was more of a punch in the face than a punch in the gut - and by this I mean that it surprised me, but it wasn't an emotional gut-wrenching shock. I'm still looking forward to where this development takes the story, and will probably read the next book.

And that cover? Haha, a boy in all his pouty cleft-chin glory? I'm glad that I only have an epub version of this book so I don't have to be embarrassed to see it on my shelf.