mandafofanda

Mandafofanda Reads Lots

The world isn't just the way it is. It is how we understand it, no?

And in understanding something, we bring something to it, no?
Doesn't that make life a story?

- Yann Martel, Life of Pi

Such a Rush - Jennifer Echols A typical love-hate relationship where the two main characters finally give in and decide to hook up, though with some plot twists involved. The overall story was ok, slightly boring at times, but I did like the main character Leah, and admired her for her resolve to not just be another white-trash-trailer-park-girl, though she was still prone to self-pity as teens are. I also did like the descriptions of flying, and this book made me want to go to my nearest small airport and take up flying lessons, before I swiftly came to the realization that they are super expensive, and as a poor student, unfortunately not in my budget range. While reading, I also found myself wondering why the author decided to portray certain scenes and not others. For example, I wish that more book content was spent on the relationship between Leah and Mr.Hall, because I think this was a beautiful example of a surrogate father-daughter relationship and I was sad that you only got glimpses of it in past memories, or Grayson's actions that would remind Leah of his father.

Overall, this is a decent contemporary romance story, though I find myself wishing a screenwriter would take this concept and make a hugely better movie out of it.